Sunday, August 3, 2008

healthy update

Mr. Butler is feeling better today although he has Percoset to help him cope if he needs it. He's being very aware of fat content in food so he won't have another attack until he meets with the doctor tomorrow. His ultrasound didn't show anything because the stones are so low in the gallbladder -- hiding amongst the intestines -- but they were very clear on the cat scan which they showed him. So, we'll see. The hospital is only 7 months old and hardly anyone, anyone!, was there. I didn't see one other person waiting or being treated anywhere. Strange. I said it was like our personal hospital.

Cucumber soup? Was it creamy??? It is so bad when people PUSH food. Geez...

I put on a skirt today that my mom had made for me when I was thin -- and it fit! I don't think I'll wear it -- it was for a halloween party but it was nice to have it as my measuring stick all these months. I'm just going to continue with the plan as it has unfolded for me for awhile longer. I don't know much I'd change anyway except a couple glasses of red wine on the weekend. I really see how drinking wine mid-week can slow you down...make you less excited about exercising.

I got on the elliptical and did my strength training. I might get a walk in yet today, too! THEN I'll be happy again. :)

No comments: