Speaking of fish, Mr. Butler didn't feel so good when we got home from sushi last night. It was still light enough so I went out for another little walk (I keep thinking that HAS to be good to do after eating) and when I got back, he said he felt a lot of pain. He tried to sleep but couldn't get comfortable and jumped in the car when I suggested the emergency room. We got home at 1 a.m. with orders to be back at 7 a.m. for more tests. They had done a cat scan and discovered gallstones so they're pretty sure he needs to have that taken out but just to be sure, 7 a.m. for tests and ultrasounds. Well, we got there at 7, emergency room people said we needed to go the front desk, they said no back to emergency. We filled out the paperwork and then back to the front desk person who took us to the ultrasound place and discovered no one was there. She called all over and found out that she needed to CALL someone to come in for the ultrasound. In the meantime, to compensate she gave us two free Starbucks cards. I got two non-fat caps for us while we waited. Forty-five minutes later, the guy comes in and the first thing out of his mouth is -- when was the last time you ate or drank anything. So, we're home now waiting until this afternoon to try this again. I'm grumpier than Butler, of course. It's a relatively new hospital but crap, why don't they know these things when they give you the discharge stuff. Makes me very cranky.
I bet I'm even crankier because I didn't walk this morning and have only had yogurt so far. I'll eat my fiber one and hit the elliptical and maybe my mood will change.
You had your gall bladder out a long time ago, right? I was thinking it was a pretty rapid recovery for you. I hope it's the same for Butler. He may have surgery early in the week. He's feeling better but not great.
Hmm..... on the note about the dinner..... It's hard to just sit and have apps when you know you are going to eat later. I lose my appetite if I have to wait. At the most, I'd have a beverage and then go but usually I just like to meet at the restaurant. And I agree about the cat thing, too. Meow!!!! After October 31st, I'm starting my weight loss number over again since it will have been one year. My new strategy is to say I've lost 20% of my weight rather than the number of pounds. Numbers, numbers, numbers.
Well, even if the size thing is a fluke, I still think it needed to be documented for our blog but, like you said, clothing can have a different fit. I bought a swimsuit bottom in a large the other day; the medium just was too snug. I hated the idea that the medium didn't work but I also don't like to think that I would buy something because of the label rather than the fit -- and the large fits very well. And, I'll never forget that I read Oprah said that even at her heaviest, she never wore anything more than a 14. OMG.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment