On our way out the door from work last night, we got a call from Larry's sister-in-law, Mary. She's now in the hospital as well with heart problems, obviously brought on by all the stress of this. The good news in this mess is that Sonny started moving around a bit yesterday, the cat scan showed his brain was still in good working order, and he could open his eyes a bit when someone talked to him. Finally, the Butler agreed that we needed to go to Sun City to see them both. I'm really glad we did because it felt like we had done nothing in a family crisis -- and just seeing the situation put things in better perspective. The situation seems less dire now although we'll be going over there again tonight, too. He isn't alert or anything and seems to be struggling from internal pain -- but he is clearly trying to wake up.
The reason I put this on our blog is that it's a HUGE reminder of how important health is; of how taking care of what we do and what we eat can make all the deciding factors in happy living. We have no choices about some of the ways in which our body betrays us but we owe it to ourselves to take good care of the body we have.
And, we have certainly changed something our ways this year. I feel good about that and I know you do, too, little BLP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment