Lots to tell tonight. The doctor was pleased to see my weight loss. (bad news note: the scale weighed 5 pounds heavier than I think I am but let's hope that was time of day and clothes, etc.) Anyhoo, he said "Congratulations on your rapid weight loss." Not exactly rapid, I said. He said For your age, it's rapid. What's going on? I blabbed on about Oprah, Bob Greene, my best life buddy, our healthy eating, our exercise..... He appeared disinterested. No, he said. Don't you have something to tell me? Uh....what can I say? Um, we're blogging....no, no, he said. Women your age typically only use this much weight this quickly for one reason -- they're having an affair. Are you having an affair???
What the heck. I tried to explain that no, I am happy because I'm healthy and he said they all say that. I did it for me is what they say, he said. I don't think he believed me for one second.
It was a bizarre appointment but I got my ambien perscription so I'm happy. I'm also happy when he said my goal weight should be 4 pounds away. Hah!
But, I have to ask. Are you having an affair, Kirsh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment