Thursday, June 26, 2008

This and That

First of all, how do you make a tofu smoothie? I've never even bought tofu before! Probably should ... I know it's good for you.
I had a turkeyburger salad for dinner. I crumbled up 1/2 of one of those giant burgers over a bed of spinach and baby lettuce with some cut up grape tomatoes and roasted almonds and honey mustard dressing. Very delicious. I even have enough leftovers for tonite.

We're heading to the cabin around 4:00 tomorrow. There are 4 of us going, and it's a very good group. My friend, Nancy, who is a primary school principal wants to pick my brain about Bob! I told her she could borrow the book, too. She's steadily been gaining since I've known her, so maybe we'll have another convert!

Did my weights last night and I've been progressively adding exercises so now it takes me close to an hour to do all of them. I think I have to wrestle this under control or I might not keep it up. How long do you spend on weights?

I'm getting a little nervous about the food and exercise this weekend. Pondering whether to bring my weights or not. I know we'll probably go for a walk each morning, but it certainly won't be at the pace or the duration that I normally go. I told Gordy to pack his walking stuff for the lake, cuz we're gonna walk every morning up there ... at least 3 miles (at least I am!!)

As for food, I'm gonna whip up a batch of oatmeal to bring this weekend and I made some hummus earlier this week. Nancy is bringing chicken breasts and corn to grill and I've got some shrimp we can grill as well. I'll bring apples and some yogurt and popcorn. Alli's bringing fruit and veggies and cookies (GRRRR) -- altho, that actually doesn't even sound that great. Did I just say that?????

Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine. Then it's a quick turnaround and I'm off for the lake on Wednesday afternoon. Wow -- I'm gonna have alot of laundry, watering, mowing, grocery shopping, cooking to do .... that'll keep me busy!

So, tell me again when you are coming up here? Will we be able to see each other?

No comments: