Monday, June 16, 2008

in control

It's a lot easier to watch your weight when you're in control of the situations. Eating at restaurants all last week or eating in meetings with no choices, well, it's rough. Overall, I exercised a lot and I feel ok. Sometimes I made a bad choice but I am hoping those times, my metabolism was surprised and kicked it up a notch. Do you think I am an optimist? Ah, two weeks away from the scale makes me one.

We did the big "hot" walk in the sun yesterday morning and then one today before sunrise. Definitely before sunrise is the way to go. It was actually pleasant this morning -- no humidity. Last night was Chamber of Commerce weather for Arizona; after the sun went down and the moon was beginning to brighten, I did laps in the pool for 30 minutes. Butler sat in the lawn chair and just admired the evening. If I weren't so afraid of stepping on a lizard or a snake, I'd swim at night more often. The water was just cooler than a warm bath --- perfect for me.

Kirsh, I made a quinoa salad and it reminds me a lot of taboli (sp) so I think I'll like it. I'm having some for lunch today. Off to the races...it'll be a crazy morning.

No comments: