If only I had read the blog before I stepped on the scale this morning ... to my bitter disappointment, I gained a pound this week. Maybe I needed to do that in order for me to really understand the way Debba felt when it happened to her ... and it DOES NOT feel good. To be honest, I felt kind of bloated and almost full when I woke up, so was bracing myself for no loss, but to have gained, even a pound, is discouraging. I realize, though, that it's not the end of the world and if I lost that pound once, I will lose it again!! Isn't it weird? Might have been all the leftover brussel sprouts I popped in my mouth as I was making dinner last night. Who knows...
Before I sunk too deep, I decided to measure my waist (I know, yet another number), but to my delight, I'd lost an inch and it is now 31 inches! I guess I will be content with that victory this week, and give myself some credit for that.
It's a little frightening to have walked 3.5 miles every day and lifted weights every other day, along with sit-ups and push-ups and some extra shorter walks thrown in, and to have eaten healthy and appropriate portions only to get this result. However, maybe this is preparing me for the time when I reach my goal and will serve as a reminder of the commitment needed for this and the need to be mindful. I love that word.
I know Debba will boost my spirits through this and encourage me. And after 5 months and 6 days of this new lifestyle, we will finally see each other and get to squeal over the changes!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment