Monday, July 14, 2008

stress test

Today was pretty rough -- my boss was out and I felt like I needed to be more productive but everything was swirling around me. Larry's sister-in-law called him to tell him that Sonny (his brother) has esophageal cancer but before surgery they decided to hop in the car and travel around the MIdwest visiting friends and family. He's 76 and scared.

I sweated through my walk this morning -- the humidity has risen quite a bit -- and then did elliptical and weights tonight. I still don't have the strength in my legs but lesson learned: in just one week, you can lose that strength! I keep thinking about Oprah's comment that if you don't exercise for 3 days, you lose your momentum.

Butler made grilled chicken and black beans tonight. Simple suppers are the best. It was a great day for health!

No comments: