Nice to see you're coming around, grumpy!! Just kidding :-) ...
I was thinking about our (notice the plural) reactions to the numbers on the scale, and all of a sudden, it hit me ... what's the rush? We have both made incredible strides toward living a healthy, happy life and we're within a handful of pounds of our goal, so what is our big hurry? Maybe we should just calm down and enjoy the ride, huh?
On my walk this morning, a girl stopped me by saying, "I need to ask you a personal question." She and I have been saying good morning to each other for years as we meet around the lake. She's a jogger and I'm a walker (duh!). Anyway, she said, "how much weight have you lost?" I told her 64 pounds. Well, she said, "you know, you were pretty before, but you are fabulous now!" My gawd, I almost started bawling. She said she was an obese child and she just loves seeing people that are dedicated to getting fit. We didn't talk long, but it sure made me feel good. Just like we always say - it's so nice when people acknowledge our efforts.
Ok, now I'm gonna be catty ... and, by the way, we can NEVER let the other hens read this blog ... but i'm not seeing the 24 pound loss in the corn parking picture ... now i will be struck dead by lightning :-(
I was so wiped out last night, I went to bed at 8:30 ... feeling revived and ready to face the day now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment