Monday, July 28, 2008

behind the eight ball

Looks like this over-sleeping is contagious ... I woke up at 4:20 a.m. this morning, and thought, "oh, good," I have 20 more minutes to sleep ... next thing I know, I open my eyes and it's 5:10!!! Alarm never went off ... grrr. Well, I flew out of bed and threw on my clothes, and knew I wouldn't be able to do the whole 3.5 miles and still get to work, so I did 40 minutes in the neighborhood. And, unbelievably, still caught the same bus at 6:55! Still not sure how I did that - I feel like I forgot some essential ... like underwear? :-)

Girl, I think this consignment store gig is pretty cool ... my balance is back up to $46.00 after I bought that Eileen Fisher outfit for 31.00 ... I'm kind of digging this!

Had a very nice weekend ... ended up going to listen to music ... I threw in $20 in pulltabs with Gordy and Jimmy .... and pulled a $500 !!! Walked out of there with a hundred dollar bill in my pocket! On Saturday night, went to a pig roast at Crazy's ... was just ok (I thought the pork was terrible, but others seemed to like it). At least there were salads and fruit to supplement. Oh, and I also went to see Sex and the City before the pig roast -- I loved it! Some twists and turns I didn't really expect ... and some pretty risque scenes!

Yesterday I made the Mara-Lago turkey burgers again and Gordy came over for dinner. Also made a good salad with garbanzo beans, red onion, hearts of palm, tomato, fresh dill and red wine vinegar and olive oil. Very tasty.

So, what's shakin' with you?

No comments: