Uff da! It was suddently hot in Vegas (103) and we were "lucky" enough to be the first to experience it. I don't think I went crazy in "unhealthy" eating although temptation is everywhere. The Hilton is off the strip, making walking a necessity -- which is a good thing, right? We must have walked 15 miles but mostly in the early hours when it was only 90 and the slow pokes were off the sidewalks. I really hate wearing tennis shoes when I'm in a city like that but if you just jump out of bed, throw on your clothes and go out for the exercise -- well, I believe it's acceptable attired, especially in a city where people wear anything to everything. Saturday, we didn't get back to the room from our early morning walk until 3 pm. Did I mention how lucky I was at the slot machines? We each got a free buffet breakfast at the Wynn which has the motherlode of beautiful foods. Kirsh, I only had sumptuous fresh fruit and a bite of the flakiest croissant in the world. And with my $350 from 25 cent slot machines, well, Mama gets to buy a new EXPENSIVE pair of shoes!
I'm NOT going to lose weight this week but I don't see why I shouldn't maintain the status quo. We had fish for dinner one night (tiny tacos) and chicken the next night. Unfortunately for me -- but probably good for my waistline -- the steakhouse we wanted to go to was solidly booked, even the bar, at 5 pm.!!! We had yogurt and healthy snacks with us and I think I was as "good" as I'll ever be. ....even ordering a free "club soda with lime" while sitting at the slot machines. PLEASE! I did savor two glasses of wine, though. Savor is the right word.
Oh, and the entertainment was fabulous. Jay Leno did an amazing job, working it for 90 straight minutes of laughter. And, the Jersey Boys could NOT have been better. I had a suddent urge to cry when the music stopped!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment