I didn't kiss the scale but i WAS happy. Three pounds down. Yippee. Considering there was a party in the mix over the weekend, I'm happy, very happy with that. Of course, technically it is two pounds toward goal because I had that dastardly one pound gain last week but the really good news is that I am officially within 20 pounds of my intended goal.
Kirsh, maybe I told you this but my first trip to Weight Watchers was when I was 21. I weighed 138 and wanted to weigh 128. What the heck. I have only gotten back down to 128 when I was exercising like a fiend in the early '90s. I couldn't maintain it, though. I went to Maura's with Phil and Don and gained five pounds that week despite walking five miles daily. I have no aspirations about 128 again.
It's Mr. Butler's 58th birthday today and the cards are lined up. It's dinner out again tonight but I'm fine with that. I know the rules pretty well by now!
I was thinking last night that although I had started down this path a few months before you, your high-speed participation has inspired me enormously -- challenging and supporting me. Thank you for that, my friend! I feel so much stronger and healthier than ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment