Sorry to be so slow to respond ... a couple of seemingly crazy days ...
First of all, I'm so happy to see what a halibut looks like! I had no idea ... pretty ugly, but yummy!
Secondly, I got my tall riding boots from Eddie Bauer yesterday, and they are fantastic! ... fit like a glove and I know I'm going to get a ton of use from them. I don't know if I've ever had a pair of tall leather boots (wide calf or not) !!
And lastly, I've been REALLY angry this week about something that happened at Lake Harriet last Saturday.... a girl was out running about 6:00 am when she heard someone run up behind her - thinking it was another jogger that was passing her - and the guy grabbed her and knocked her down, reached between her legs ... she screamed and a couple joggers came to her rescue and chased the guy... however, they said he was really fast and got to his car and drove away.
In all the years that I've been running and walking around that lake, there has never been an incident (to my knowledge) like this and I'm SOOO upset... I didn't hear about it until Tuesday, and on Wednesday morning, I was just a bundle of nerves on my walk. You know, it's always been my meditation time, to think about my day, things I want to do, etc. and I was so on edge I really couldn't enjoy it. I'm mad that some A_ _ hole has taken that away from me...
So, yesterday I still got up early, but I did my weights instead of walking, then hurried home from work and walked before dinner. This morning, i just slept in ... i think i'm depressed.
I've mapped out a route through the neighborhood that is the same mileage as the lake, and I guess I will try that for a while, plus I'm going to go out this weekend and shop for a treadmill.
On top of all of this, I'm really worried about the maintenance aspect of our best life tranformation ... I'm sure I'll figure it out, but the losing now seems to have been so much easier ... we knew pretty much what we had to do ...
Sorry to burden you with all of this, but just wanted to let you know what's going on ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment