Wednesday, October 15, 2008

cords

I saw some cords in the store this weekend and thought of you. They looked cute but I've never much been a fan of them. Once, in my late 20's, I had a bright blue pair with cuffs. I know... I can't believe I had that color, either! Must be a picture, of course, somewhere.

Getting ready for the next three days. Work will be "settled" down somewhat after tomorrow but I am baking Outrageous Brownies tonight and 2 dozen scones in the morning for the united way bake sale. I think I have done enough this year, don't you? Still haven't heard from Phil as to who got his dinner and how much they paid. Inquiring minds want to know. My scones have remained at 100 bucks for two dozen. Frankly, that is ridiculous and the women who are doing it really can't afford it. I'm so done with UW.

Mike and Bennett arrive tomorrow afternoon at 3 but I won't see them until late because they're having a baby shower for a woman at work. Very cute.....bring your favorite childhood book. I knew instantly it was "The Biggest Bear". I loved that book but I think for the drawings and expressions which won some sort of prize in 1953...my birth year!! We had Weekly Reader Books...pretty sure this would have been John's choice. I ordered two of them from Amazon and in looking it over tonight -- just about brought tears to my eyes -- I realize how "rude", by today's political correctness -- it really is. Bearskins and shooting bears? Ugh. Of course, 55 years ago, it was fine. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sure she'll understand.....and then promptly throw the book in the trash!!!

Linda (larry's sister) called. Her husband is coming with her and they'll be staying out in Sun City so all is well. They opted NOT to stay in the friend's casita.

Tonight we had roasted sweet potato chunks and a lean grilled pork chop. Haven't had one of those for a long time but Mr. Butler pulled them out of the freezer this morning so I said fine. It was very, very good. And superb with a virgin Mayor.

Hope you had fun at the game and completely enjoyed a delicious burger.

No comments: